One of the largest banks of the country is inviting applications against the following position from professionals with proven track record and capacity to perform as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Risk Management.
The individuals who fulfill the below-mentioned basic eligibility criteria may apply for the following position:
Divisional Head – Operational Risk and Fraud Risk Management
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Academic/ Professional Qualification
• Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent from HEC recognized institute
• Certification in Operational Risk / Fraud Risk Management, e.g. FRM, PRM, CFE etc. will be preferable.
• Minimum 15 years of banking experience preferably in Risk management and operations.
• Experience of heading Operational Risk Management function with at least 5 years’ experience in senior roles in Op Risk.
Other Skills/Expertise Preferred
• Sound judgment and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
• 38 years and above
Outline of Main Duties / Responsibilities
• To develop and maintain an operational risk management framework in order to ensure that operational risks are identified, assessed, managed, reported and monitored in the organization in a timely and effective manner.
• To develop and update operational risk policies and procedures for management of operational risk.
• To ensure operational risk management within the organization is effective in containing risks within the bank’s risk appetite.
• To closely coordinate with businesses and functions and develop an operating rhythm with them for effective and efficient management of Op Risk Provide them guidance, training and tools and templates for identification, assessment, management and reporting of Op Risk
• To challenge the completeness of risk identification, monitoring and control activities relating to Op Risk across the organization.
• To challenge and recommend restraints on activities where risks are not aligned with control requirements or the bank’s risk appetite
• To assess the control environment by devising and implementing a framework for assessing control design and execution.
• To design and implement framework for classification, assessment and reporting of operational risk events and losses and to assess the appropriateness of mitigation actions.
• To supervise preparation of root cause report for Op Risk incidents and provide these to relevant stakeholders for further discussion and subsequent action.
• To ensure SBP regulations on Operational Risk Management are effectively implemented in the organization
• Have oversight over management of Fraud Risk and associated controls in the organization as part of overall Operational Risk Management.
• To maintain a strong partnership with auditors and regulators.
Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for panel interviews.
The employment will be on contractual basis, for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
Place of Posting:
Interested candidates may send their CVs / Applications at Box No. 81595, C/O “Daily Dawri” Karachi along with one recent passport size photograph, within 15 days of publication of this advertisement.
The candidates should clearly mention their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, CNIC Number, Qualifications with percentage / CGPA / Division, Place of Domicile and complete Current Mailing / Residential Address with Telephone Numbers PTCL / Mobile in their Resume / Application.
Please mark the position applied for on the right-hand side of the envelope.
Applications received after due date will not be considered in any case. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview.
“Registry / Courier may not be delivered to Box address, so applications are to be sent through ordinary Pakistan Postal Services only. We are not responsible for late received / undelivered applications due to any reasons whatsoever”
(We are an equal opportunity employer)