BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES INSTITUTE
JINNAH POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL CENTRE KARACHI 75510
ADVERTISEMENT FOR M.PHIL AND Ph.D ADMISSION, 2019
Applications are invited for admissions in M.Phil courses in the Basic Medical Sciences Institute (BMSI) for the subjects of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology and Physiology programs. Applications are also invited for admissions in Ph.D Pharmacology.
ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL:
(1) M.B.B.S. along with House Job Certificates as recognized by PM&DC.
(2) Foreign graduates must produce equivalent certificate from PM&DC.
(3) Valid PM&DC Registration.
NOTE: For subjects of Clinical Pathology, Histopathology, Anatomy and Physiology only MBBS doctors are eligible (Non-MBBS should not apply). Howeverfor Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pharmacology subjects if MBBS doctors do not qualify or still a seat is available than M.Sc. can be considered. Preference will be given to MBBS.
MERIT: Admission shall strictly be on merit basis. The criteria for merit will be based on:
(1) Seventy (70%) percent passing marks in Entrance Test as per recent HEC criteria equivalent to GATs of relevant subject followed by interview.
(2) Two years teaching experience will be preferred in the relevant subject/field from a recognized Medical Institution/Medical College/University on the closing date to the submission of form.
(3) Further credit marks will only be awarded to candidates who have published research papers in PM&DC recognized journals.
(4) Government Employee
COURSE PERIOD: M.Phil Course (3 years).
However courses like; Anatomy, Histopathology and Clinical Pathology are designed for 3 years.
ELIGIBILITY FOR Ph.D:
1) M. Phil in the relevant subject.
2) C.G.P.A. should be more than 3.0.
3) Need to meet the HEC requirement of 70% passing marks in entrance test, because it is equivalent to GATs.
1) Seventy (70%) percent passing marks in Entrance Test of relevant subject.
2) Post M.Phil experience in the relevant subject.
3) At least 2 research publications in PM&DC or HEC recognized journals.
4) Interview before the BMSI committee.
COURSE PERIOD: Ph.D. Course (3 to 5 years).
SCHEDULE OF ADMISSION: Application Forms will be available from the Accounts Office of J.P.M.C. on the payment of Rs.3,000/-for (admission form including entrance test fee). Candidates have to submit completed forms along with their required documents duly attested by a Gazetted Government Officer (Grade-17 or above). Candidates who are Government Servants in Medical Colleges/ other Institutions/Universities should apply through proper channel, while submitting advance copy of the application, that must reach us through the Executive Director’s Office, J PMC, (for information only). Two seats for each departments of BMSI are reserved for foreign candidates. Such applicants will be considered only, if their application is forwarded by the Foreign Office, Government of Pakistan, on the recommendation of their concerned/respective Embassy’s. The Educational Charges will be borne by the selected candidates themselves. The Provisional Offer Letter will be issued only to the first five candidates who are on merit list in respective subjects. Admission is liable for cancellation, if fee not deposited on time. Then the admission shall be offered to the next awaiting candidate on merit list.
1. Forms will be issued from Accounts Office, JPMC, Karachi after appearance of advertisement in the press on Sunday 27-07-2019.
2. Last date for submission of Application Form is 27-08-2019 and to be submitted in R & I Section at Administration Block of JPMC between 08:00 am to 02:00 pm.
3. Initial scrutiny of documents will be done by the respective Head of Departments before submission of admission form in the Education & Training Section.
4. Admit Card will be issued from the Education & Training Section on 10-09-2019.
5. Entrance Test will be held on 17-09-2019.
6. Resu It will be on 30-09-2019.
7. Screened candidates will be called for interviews on 10-10-2019.
8. Payment of first year fee has to be made at the time of joining.
9. The course will commence from 15-10-2019.
NOTE: Production of false experience certificates are liable for his / her disqualification. The Affidavit from selected candidate must be produced. Candidates who wish to cancel their admission can do so within 30 days of their joining however, Fee is non-refundable.
(DR. SEEMIN JAMALI Tl)
Say No to Corruption
INF-KRY No. 4098/19