Canadian Field Support Services
The Canadian Field Support Services office invites applications for a part time position of Education Advisor/Specialist. The Education Advisor will assist and/or provide advice, as required, to the First Secretary Development responsible for the Education Sector at the High Commission of Canada, Islamabad. The services of the sector Specialist will be required to assist in the research, planning, monitoring and management of Global Affairs Canada’s (GAC’s) education program, in particular with respect to the implementation and monitoring of the following active projects and projects in the pipeline. This includes:
a) The Debt for Education Conversion (DFEC) Project: (i) Utilization of the remaining funds, and (ii) Life Skills Based Education (LSBE): assist in the development of a “Concept Note” for Balochistan and Federal Components; and monitoring of implementation of the proposed LSBE project in Sindh Province;, and (iii) assist in the review and evaluation of the DFEC project.
b) G7 Girls’ Education Initiative – Improved Access to Quality Education in Tribal District of KP Project; and
c) Other pipeline projects or projects under consideration. The contract will initially be for one year; however the contract can be extended depending on performance and funding. The estimated level of effort is 10 to 15 days/month.
Please find below a summary of the position’s mandatory requirements, additional desirable qualifications, and the application and selection process.
• Masters or doctorate-level degree in education;
• Minimum of 7 years senior-level education advisory experience;
• Strong expertise in primary and secondary education, non-formal education, gender equality, quality of education, and the monitoring and evaluation of education projects and programs, as well as integrating cross cutting issues such as gender equality and environmental impact assessments;
• Substantial developing country experience, and demonstrated ability to write reports, concept notes/papers, project proposals, program/project plans, manage and lead complex project designs;
• Experience / expertise in education sector reviews, donor coordination, and education sector technical and financial reporting;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word. Excel & Power Point;
• Fluency in English (written and verbal):
• Ability to legally work in Pakistan.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
• Knowledge of GAC ODA policies and priorities
• Diversified education sub-sector experience (e.g., primary, secondary, adult/non-formal education, teacher training)
• Diversified educational experience with government or semi-autonomous government agencies: donor agencies; NGOs; and private sector consulting.
• Demonstrated recent engagement in education reform in Pakistan, through participation in official advisory capacity on education reform;
• Evidence of voluntary engagement in education reform in Pakistan, through recent pro-bono work for local or international NGOs.
• Knowledge and experience of LSBE is an asset;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to negotiate with a range of stakeholders from different organization cultures.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org placing “Education Advisor” on the subject line of the email.
Important: the application has to contain (a) an up to date CVt (b) a covering/motivational letter which should include why you think you are the most suitable candidate for this position-at least 2 pages; and (c) two references of people that are not related to you. Only completed submissions will be taken into consideration. Short listed candidates will be required to take a short interview and a written test before the final interview.
The closing date for applications is June 17, 2019 at 18:00 hours. We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment.