ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS XI UNDER SECCAP-2019
1. Students who have got through their SSC/Technical board/G.C.E (O’ Level) or its equivalent examination 2019 are eligible to apply.
2. Students who have passed these examinations during the last three years before 2019 are also eligible with the condition that 05 marks for every year of gap shall be deducted from their obtained marks to determine their merit.
3. The students passing the S.S.C or equivalent supplementary examination 2019 shall not be eligible for admission for the session 2019-20 under SECCAP.
4. Students who have already appeared in H.S.C part I or II examination from Board of Intermediate Education, Karachi or from any Intermediate Board in Pakistan are not allowed for re-admission in class XI. Any such admission taken on submission of false information shall be cancelled as it can be detected on the data base of Board of Intermediate Education Karachi and rejected at the time of enrolment in the board.
5. The students who have passed SSC /GCE (O’ Level) or equivalent examination in general group (humanities/arts) / commerce are not eligible for admission of any science faculty.
FORMULA FOR CONVERSION OF MARKS FOR G.C.E. (O’LEVEL)
1. It is imperative for the students passing G.C.E (O’ Level) examination have to pass the subjects of English, Urdu, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and four optional subjects.
2. An equivalence certificate from I.B.C.C, Islamabad is mandatory.
3. The merit of the students passing of G.C.E (O’ Level) examination will be determined by conversion of their marks in accordance with the following formula (for admission purpose only).
Grade A* = 90 A = 85 B = 75 C = 65 D = 55 E=45
The mean value of all valid graded will be multiple by 8.5 to calculate equivalence. This is to be pointed out that only grades of the subjects that are relevant for the choices of the applicants in the intermediate will be counted. For example, “A” in French, will not be include to calculate the average of a student who has applied for admission in the faculty of science/ commerce.
FORMULA FOR CONVERSION OF MARKS FOR TECHNICAL BOARD
The marks of the matriculates from Technical Board shall be converted
according to the under mentioned formula.
Maximum marks of Technical Board students = 1150
Maximum marks of Component III of class IX & X = 300
Maximum marks for evaluation “A” =(1150-300) = 850
EVALUATION MARKS = (Marks obtained) – (Marks obtained in Component III)