Labour Standards Programme (LSP)
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GIZ Labour Standards Programme (LSP) focuses on improved cooperation in the areas of labour inspection, prevention, rehabilitation and compensation. Furthermore, an interlocking of inspections and industrial safety management systems is planned. Compliance with labour standards brings improvements in the productivity and quality of manufacturing and is therefore closely related to the competitiveness of companies. An effective labour inspectorate, monitoring the industry’s compliance with labour standards, therefor contributes to decent work in the long term and thus enhances income opportunities and living conditions.
The programme is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position for its office in Lahore;
Job title: Productivity Advisor (Private Sector)
(Reference No. LSP 2019/009)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in industrial engineering, textile or garment engineering, economics, or business administration from a reputed university or similar qualification of a relevant field
• At least 6 years of working experience of which 3 years on productivity standard in the industry, preferably in the textile and garment industry
• Preferably 2 years of experience in delivering trainings on productivity, industrial engineering functions, quality management etc.
• Proven consultancy experience in change management
• Proven experience in establishing an interactive change process through dialogue between management and workforce
• Proven experiences in working with different stakeholder groups like private sector (unskilled worker to top-management level of organizations), and decision makers
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation systems and instruments as well as in measuring performance against productivity standards related key performance indicators
• Highly motivated and able to work independently with high outputs of high quality
• Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office). Very good knowledge of MS Outlook and tools for web-design or other PR relevant software
• Excellent command of the English (speaking and writing) and Urdu language
• Very good management and organisational skills as well as a high preference for accuracy and quality are a must
• Strong communication skills
• Strong skills in stakeholder relationship management
• Highly service-oriented attitude
• Willingness to travel when required
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
The detailed job description can be accessed at http://bit.do/gizpakjobs.
Application clearly mentioning the job title and reference no. on the envelope with a covering letter and CV to be sent latest by 26th July 2019 at RO. Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates will be highly appreciated to apply for the position. Electronic submission is not accepted.