The Government of Cuba has offered one Medicine undergraduate scholarship for Pakistani nationals for the Year 2019-20.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- At least 70% or above marks in both F.Sc. /A level (Pre-Medical) & SSC/Matric (O level)
- Age between 18-21 years as on closing date of application.
- Admission must be in Institute/university recognized by WHO and PMDC.
- Final selection will be based on open Merit.
The Government of Cuba will borne tuition fees, hostel accommodation and Stipend whereas HEC will provide 100 Euros/month in stipend and return airfare once during the entire study programme. Other expenses like provision of Halal food, medical insurance and visa fee etc. may be borne by the student/guardian and NO additional financial responsibility will be borne by HEC in any case.
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (Payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan).
- Attach following documents with application (printed copy).
- 2 x Copies of HEC application form duly submitted through Online application portal.
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
- F.Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation/A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Ten passport size recent photograph 1″ X 1″ (attested from back).
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA only (attested by issuing authority)
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy.
- Attested copy of Domicile.
- No Criminal record certificate.
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Original Medical Certificate issued by District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) at their respective provincial head quarter offices or Islamabad.
Send the print out of filled online application package along with all the required documents on the address given below, on or before 14th April 2019.
Important Note: Incomplete applications without above required documents will be rejected, without any further communication by HEC. After successful completion of undergraduate degree programme in Medicine from Cuba, the candidate will be required to appear in NEB Examination and must fulfill all the laid down requirements of foreign graduates for registration with PM&DC, Islamabad. Further, it will be the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical) to first get its accreditation status confirmation from the respective Council i.e. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC).
Important Note: Since this Scholarship is offered by the Cuban Government hence NO additional financial responsibility will be on part of Higher Education Commission Islamabad.
Higher Education Commission Pakistan
Sector H-8, Islamabad.
111-119-432 or 0334-111-9432