Government of the Punjab, Higher Education Department is seeking highly accomplished, qualified and motivated professionals for the position of Vice Chancellor in the following public sector universities of the Punjab, which are going to fall vacant in August, 2019:
1. University of Education, Lahore
2. Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
3. Government Sadiq College Women University, Bahawalpur
4. Khawaja Fareed University of Engineering & Information Technology, Rahim Yar Khan
The Vice Chancellor shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the university in order to promote teaching, research, publication, administration and the general efficiency and good order of the University; therefore the applicants should:
• Not be more than sixty five (65) years of age on the last date fixed for the submission of applications.
• Have earned a PhD degree from an HEC recognized or UNESCO listed institution.
• Have experience in a senior academic, research or management leadership position.
• Possess a distinguished research and publications record.
Details of requisite qualifications, experience and other relevant requirements (short-listing criteria) for the position of Vice Chancellor for each category of universities are available at www.hed.punjab.gov.pk Only female professionals can apply against the vacant positions of Women Universities. Only short-listed eligible candidates will be interviewed by the Search Committee.
Term of Appointment & Salary
The Vice Chancellor shall be appointed for a term of four years and serve at the pleasure of the Chancellor.
The incumbent will be entitled for a maximum of salary of a professor on Tenure Track System as per approval of the Government.
Interested professionals are requested to apply for the positions on the prescribed proforma available at www.hed.punjab.gov.pk.The proforma should be accompanied by the following documents:
• Certified copies of CV / educational certificates / degrees / diplomas.
• Details of certified teaching experience.
• List of HEC recognized research publications. Certified copies of first page and index of recognized journals.
• Details of certified administrative experience.
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae clearly highlighting all elements of eligibility criteria & personal attributes.
• Three recent passport size photographs.
• If a candidate intends to apply for more than one position, he / she is requested to indicate options, in order of priority, on the same application. The applications of interested professionals along with seven (07) copies of resume should be addressed to the Secretary Higher Education Department / Secretary of the Search Committee for the appointment of Vice Chancellor, Higher Education Department, Civil Secretariat, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. The last date for the submission of applications is Friday 26th July, 2019. The applications must reach the Higher Education Department before the close of office hours on the last date of submission. All the applicants shall have to appear for interview in person. No interview will be allowed through video links i.e. Skype / WhatsApp etc.
Secretary Higher Education Department / Secretary of the Search
Committee for the appointment of Vice Chancellor Higher Education Department
Civil Secretariat, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Contact: +92-42-9210039 +92-42-9210042