How to avoid using plastic
There is no excuse to use plastic. You can avoid, it and. it’s not difficult, you just have to gather some every step you take to get rid of toxic chemicals can have a positive impact on your health, environment and the marine life.
Here are some ideas to start with:
• Always carry a cloth bag with you in your purse, bag or backpack. This is not too much to ask for. To make the move towards greener living, this is one of the first steps you must take.
excess packaging, straws and other
• Opt for stainless steel bottles as they work for the whole family, from babies to kids to adults. Discourage the use of plastic bottles.
• Look for food products stored in glass over plastic and store leftovers at home in glass or ceramic containers as well.
• Avoid plastic labelled with the recycle symbol #3 as it is made of PVC which contains chemical including phthalates, lead, cadmium, and/or organotins, which to our health.
• Try not to heat food or liquids in plastic or pouches. High heat allows plastic to leech chemicals faster.
• Bring your to-go mug with you to the coffee shop, smoothie shop or restaurants that let you use them, which is a great way to reduce lids, plastic cups and/or plastic-lined cups.
• Go digital! No need for plastic CDs, DVDs and cases when you can buy your music and videos online.
• Recycle. If you must use plastic, try to choose #1 (PETE) or #2 (HDPE),