Institute of Business Administration Karachi
Leadership and Ideas for Tomorrow
IBA Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance (IBA CEIF) is pleased to offer a two-day advance level course on Shariah Governance and Non-Compliance Risk. This course is designed for C-level Executives in Islamic Banks, Islamic Bank’s window operations, Takaful Companies, Modarabah and Mutual Funds. The Course will provide a global view of the role of BoD (Board of Directors) in Shari’ah governance for Islamic Financial Institutions and its effect on Shari’ah compliance.
Shari’ah governance structure is needed to ensure that the operations of an Islamic Financial Institution and its financial reporting processes adhere to Shari’ah principles. Shari’ah governance, which is also a pillar of operational risk management for mitigating Shari’ah noncompliance risk, is a vital part of corporate governance. The Course will also highlight and discuss relevant scope, scale and procedures related to the Shari’ah compliance review process and methodology.
• Understand the role of BOD in Shariah governance framework
• Understand Shari’ah framework for Shari’ah compliance review, audit & governance
• Comprehend policies, process and procedures in Shari’ah compliance review
• Draw attention to current Shari’ah issues in Islamic financial operation and ensure a strict Shariah compliance
• Understand the main sources of Shariah Non Compliance Risk
• Discuss the Malaysian experience in the enforcement & the remedial action for shariah non-compliant events
• Analyse the issues and challenges of the implementation and development of Shari’ah governance in Islamic Financial Institutions.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Call IBA CEIF at 021 38104701 Ext 1851,1853 Visit www.ceif.iba.edu.pk email: ceif aiba.edu.pk www.facebook.com/ceif15