The Government of the Punjab, Livestock & Dairy Development Department is seeking highly accomplished, qualified and motivated professionals for the position of Vice Chancellors in the following public sector universities.
NAME OF UNIVERSITY
i. University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences Lahore, Pakistan.
ii. Cholistan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
The Vice Chancellors shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the university in order to promote teaching, research, publication, administration, general efficiency and good order of the university; therefore the applicant should:
• Not be more than sixty five (65) years of age on the last date fixed for submission of applications.
• Have earned Ph.D in the field of Veterinary / Animal Sciences from HEC recognized University.
• Have experience of having worked in a senior academic, research or management leadership position; and
• Possess a distinguished research, publications record.
• Out of the total of 100 marks 65 marks have been reserved for quantitative and objective assessment of the Academic Qualification (20), Professional & Leadership Experience (30) & Publications, Honors & Awards (15). Only candidates scoring 65% of the 65 marks (42) will be called for interview by the Search Committee constituted by the Government of the Punjab.
• The interview shall carry 35 marks; and a comparative & cumulative merit shall be worked out on the basis of marks achieved out of the total 100 marks.
• Detail of requisite qualifications, experience, other requirements (short-listing criteria) and how marks shall be assigned under various heads are available at http://www.livestockpunjab.gov.pk/infodesk/job_postings
• It is not necessary for a candidate to be a Pakistani national.
Term of Appointment & Salary
Vice Chancellor shall be appointed for a term of four years and serve at the pleasure of the Chancellor. The incumbent will be entitled for maximum of a Professor on Tenure Track System, as notified by HEC Pakistan dated 15.10.2015 alongwith Vice Chancellor Allowance (20% of basic salary) shall be admissible to Vice Chancellor of public sector universities. Transport & Medical facility shall be admissible as per entitlement of BS.22. The Package shall be all inclusive.
Interested candidates are requested to apply for the positions on the prescribed proforma, available at http://www.livestockpunjab.gov.pk/infodesk/job_postings. The proforma shall be accompanied by the following documents:
• Certified copies of CV / educational certificates / degrees / diplomas.
• Details of certified teaching experience.
• List of HEC recognized research publications. Certified copy of 1st page and Index of recognized journals.
• Details of certified administrative experience.
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae clearly highlighting all elements of eligibility criteria and personal attributes.
• Three recent Passport size photographs.
• If candidate intend to apply for both positions advertised herein, he may submit two separate applications.
The applications of interested professional alongwith seven (07) copies of resume shall be addressed to the Secretary, Government of the Punjab, Livestock & Dairy Development Department (L&DD) / Secretary of the Search Committee for the appointment of Vice Chancellors, L&DD Department, Civil Secretariat, Old P&D Building, 2-Bank Road Lahore. The last date for submission of application is Friday, 15th November, 2019 within the office hours. For the candidates who make it to the interview stage, no TA / DA or compensation shall be provided.
Secretary Livestock and Dairy Development Department / Secretary of the Search Committee
Livestock and Dairy Development Department
Civil Secretariat, Old P&D Building, 2-Bank Road Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
For any Query, please contact
Mr. Shafiq ur Rehman (Section Officer-Ill) L&DD Department,
Contact No. +92-42-99213128, +92-323-4444667