GOVERNMENT OF SINDH
LOCAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT
Karachi Dated: 10th October, 2019
PROJECT DIRECTOR, MALIR EXPRESSWAY PROJECT
The Govt, of Sindh has conceived the Malir Expressway Project along the right bank ot Malir River from the Motorway, M9 to Korangi Road near KPT Interchange to provide a direct route to facilitate the vehicular traffic between the Southern end of Karachi and the upcoming Northern developments. In addition to light traffic, this route will also serve the heavy traffic generated from the Karachi Port and the Landhi-Korangi Industrial area and going towards Motorway. M9 for onwards journey upcountry. A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been established for execution of this strategic project. We are looking for a dynamic, qualified and effective Project Director to head the PMU.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in related field from reputed National/ International University with 25 years of Demonstrative Experience in Roads/ Bridges / Interchanges Projects, while last 10 years of Experience should be in leading position / Head of Organization.
Should have experiences of handling Mega Projects in Leading Position. A sound understanding of Public Sector Project as well as understanding of BOT/ PPP Projects.
Experience of working in a political setting and ability to influence and negotiate at the highest level.
Experience and proven track record in successful completion of preferably similar nature of work.
Having ability to communicate with Utility Companies for shifting / protecting their assets.
Having ability to complete acquisition of land process from the owner’s for the Project Construction Corridor.
Maximum age limit is 62 years on date of publishing of this Advertisement.
Market based Remuneration Package, reflecting the level of skills and experience brought to the position, will be offered to the successful candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all the project activities are accordingly planned and directed to achieve affirmed targets and standards.
• Ensure accompaniment of goals and objectives within prescribed time frame and parameters.
• Lead in formulating strategies and operational program for public private partnership in consultation with the relevant government agencies specially PPP Unit, Sindh.
• Prepare PPP Node in Local Government Department, Government of Sindh for outsourcing contractor, performance based service contacts, etc under Public Private Partnership in consultation with all the stakeholders including Government of Sindh and PPP Unit. Sindh.
• Liaise with local authorities and ensuring that the Project complies with environmental and provincial law, regulation and norms of practices.
• Evaluate project and provide feedback as needed by higher authorities.
• Communicate project status with Local Government Department on regular basis, Candidates possessing the above educational qualifications and fulfilling other required conditions may apply for the post to the Secretary, Local Government Department at the below mentioned address latest by 31st October, 2019. Those who are already in service should apply through proper channel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview for which No TA/DA will be paid.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT
SINDH SECRETARIAT NO. 5 SHAHRAH-E-KAMAL ATATURK, KARACHI
INF-KRY: No. 5511/19
Say No to Corruption