Chief Minister Merit Scholarships (CMMS)Scholarship Application Form (2019-20)For Masters and PhD Level
Overseas Pakistanis Foundation
The Punjab Educational Endowment FUND (PEEF) and Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) have signed a MOU to award more than 732 scholarships to meritorious children of overseas Pakistanis registered with OPF. The title of the scholarship program is “PEEF-OPEF (Overseas Pakistanis Education Fund) Scholarship Program”. Under the subject PEEF-OPEF scholarship program
1. Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (http://www.peef.org.pk/cmms.html).
2. Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
3. Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-.
4. Maximum age of 35 years on 22nd April, 2019.
5. Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
6.Take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
7. All Pakistani Nationals; both males and females are eligible to apply.Note: Existing permanent/ regular faculty members of public sector teaching/ educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Chief Minister Merit Scholarships (CMMS).
How to Apply:
INSTRUCTION FOR FILLING OUT THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
1. Read every field carefully, it is advised to photocopy the form and fill it before filling the original application form to make sure all the information is correct and final.
2. Answer all questions. Those not applicable should be marked “N/A”.
3. For family financial reporting, parents/ guardians should be consulted.
4. Fields marked with a tick mark (√) should only be answered in the same.
5. Do not provide false or incomplete information.
6. Use extra sheet (If required).
7. Ensure that you have attached all required documents by completing and ticking the checklist.
Download Form or Apply Online : CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
PhD Foreign Scholarships
The Govt. of the Punjab has launched Ph.D Foreign Scholarship programme under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D level Education at the top ranked universities of the world. The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Ph.D Foreign Scholarship.
PhD Scholarships awarded under CMMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
Tuition fees of the Degree Course
Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships:
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical distribution of scholarships:
Geographical distribution of scholarships is as follows:
90% scholarships will be awarded to the students of Punjab.
10% scholarships has been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.
CMMS Master Level Scholarships:
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) has launched a new Master’s Level Scholarship programme under the title CMMS. During the current academic year 2017-18, a total of 1,000 fully funded scholarships will be offered to the meritorious students studying in top ranked universities / degree awarding institutions of Pakistan.
The PEEF – CMMS Master’s Level Scholarships will be offered to meritorious students fulfilling the below mentioned eligibility criteria. The student must have / be:
1) Be a Pakistani national
2) Have secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA 2.5 in BA/ B.Sc. / B.COM/ BS/ BBA etc. examination held in 2015/2016 or 2017 (annual).
3) Have secured admission as a fulltime student in the current academic year (2017-18) in one of the partner 4) University / Degree Awarding Institution.
5) Be enrolled in Spring/Fall session (where applicable) and Morning / Afternoon / Evening sessions (where applicable) are also eligible to apply for PEEF – CMMS Master’s level scholarships.
6) Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 75,000/-
7) Maximum Age of 28 Years As on 31st August 2017.
8) Not availing any other educational scholarship during the current academic year.
9) Not a beneficiary of Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2017-18.
10) Besides fulfilling CMMS eligibility criteria, the prospective student must qualify the merit and need criteria of the respective University/ Degree Awarding Institution.
Following students are not eligible for CMMS Master’s level scholarship:
1) Students who have already passed / got MA / MSc / MS / MPhil etc. degree.
2) Marks improvers or students who have passed examination in supplementary session.
3) Students who have passed the aforementioned examination with grace marks (*).
How To Apply
- PEEF has allocated CMMS Masters level scholarship quotas to all partner universities (link of list of partner universities)
- The partner universities invite applications from the eligible students on prescribed forms.
- Scholarship forms are available at:
Respective university student financial aid office/student resource center
PEEF Web site (www.peef.org/CMMS)
- Complete application forms should be submitted to the respective university, Application forms directly forwarded to PEEF will not be considered for the award of scholarship.
- PEEF will reimburse the tuition fees, payment of tuition fees (as per the terms of CMMS Master’s level scholarship policy)
- PEEF will also pay scholarship stipend to the selected scholars at the following rates:
– Day scholar Rs. 3,000/- per month.
– Boarder Rs. 5,000/- per month.