Mines Mineral Development Public Auction, reti, bajri, gravel, ordinary stone
GOVERNMENT OF SINDH
DIRECTORATE GENERAL MINES & MINERAL DEVELOPMENT
Open public auction of the Government’s rights of collection of royalty on Surface Minerals (viz. aggregate stone, Reti / Bajri, Gravel, Ordinary Stone, Ordinary Sand, Lime Stone, Mouram, Marble and Silica Sand) for the year 2018-19 will be held according to the following schedule:-
2. The auction will be conducted in the office of Director General, Mines and Mineral Development situated at St-19/1 Block-6. Gulshan-e-lqbal, Main University Road, Karachi.
3. Each participant will be required to submit the following documents latest by 21-3-2019 during the office hours, to the Director General, Mines and Mineral Development at his office. Thereafter no application will be entertained. The documents submitted, i.e., solvency certificate will be verified from the concerned Mukhtiarkar / DC of the District.
i) Pay Order/Demand Draft as earnest money in favour of Director General, Mines and Mineral Development at the rate of 5% of the reserved price separately for the each district for all auctions of royalty on surface minerals.
ii) Attested copy of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
iii) In case of limited companies and partnership firms, attested copy of Memorandum and Article of Association and registered Partnership Deed (authenticated by the competent authority according to the relevant law).
iv) Solvency Certificate exceeding the reserve price on the prescribed proforma from the concerned Mukhtiarkar of the area where the property is situated. The solvency certificate shall be got renewed by the successful contractor from time to time up to the date of expiry of the contract period.
v) Attested copies of Income Tax Certificates of the last two years related to the bidder with National Income Tax Number.
vi) Bank Statement of the last two years.
4. The successful bidder will be required to make the following payments in advance of the award of contract:
i) 5% of the contract amount as security deposit within three days.
ii) 10% of the contract amount as advance payment within three days.
5. Payment of contract amount shall be made in equal monthly installments by 7th of each month beginning from the 1st month of the contract to the ending month of the contract.
6. The royalty collection rights will be awarded from the date of taking over possession to 30-06-2019. However, proportionate reduction will be allowed from July 01.2018 to the date of taking over the possession.
7. The successful bidder will have to deposit stamp duty at Rs. 0.35 per hundred up to contract value and submit judicial stamp paper for execution of the agreement.
8. As per Income Tax Law (under Section 236-A of Income Tax Ordinance 2001) advance Income Tax at the time of auction, the successful bidder will have to pay 10% Income Tax in advance on the contractual amount to the Income Tax Department and copy of the paid up challan will have to be submitted to this office.
9. As per Sindh Revenue Board’s Law, the successful bidders will have to pay 10% Sales Tax in advance on the contractual amount to SRB and copy of paid up challan shall be submitted to this office by each successful bidder.
10. The collection rights of royalty will be awarded for the period from the date of possession to 30-06-2019.
11. The royalty should be collected on the prescribed rates fixed by the Government. In case of over-charging, the contract would automatically be cancelled. The royalty over-charged would be deposited into the relevant head of account to the GoS. The losses if any sustained by the Government after the auction of royalty collection rights shall be recoverable from the defaulting contractor.
12. The contractors appointed will install check posts in such a way that free movement of goods is not affected.
13. The contract amount shall proportionately be increased in case rate of royalty on the minerals is increased by the Government of Sindh.
14. The government organization / Cement Factories will continue to make the payment of royalty to the Government of Sindh directly for the Surface Minerals excavated / quarried / mined by them from their quarries / leased areas.
15. At least three participants should contest there to the bidding process. Below this number the auction will not be allowed to be carried out.
16. The form of “Terms and conditions” for the above auction can be obtained from the office of Director General, Mines and Mineral Development on payment of Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand) only.
17. The defaulter and blacklisted parties, Firms and Companies are not allowed to participate in auction proceedings.
18. The Government reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the offers / bids, without assigning any reason thereof.
(DR. NASIM-UL-GHANI SAHITO Director General
(Chairman Auction Committee) Mines and Mineral Development