Multinational Oil & Gas Company Jobs 2019, IT Data Management Engineer
Company: Multinational Company
Position: Sr. TS. IT Data Management Engineer
Supervisor: TS. IT Data Management Coordinator
Location: Karachi Office
Contract: Through Third Party Contract
• Support a diverse set of G&G applications and information systems at various locations across the country.
• Gather and analyze feedback from G&G users to resolve issues: identify solution components and implement the same as directed.
• Provision of help, guidance, tips to users in using G&G applications (especially GcoFrame and Petrel); mentoring and coaching less experienced G&G users in use of G&G applications to allow them to make the most out of functionality offered.
• Provide support to end users of technical applications, whether in understanding system functionalities and workflows, troubleshooting system errors or resolving other problems.
• Cany out extensive U AT on customized / new applications, and arrange for end user UAT as well. Ensure that applications arc functioning correctly and arc free of bugs before roll-out.
• Coordinate with the necessary parties (system admin, network admin etc) to deploy and implement new technical applications.
• Support existing systems effectively, perform health checks, resolve problems, monitor and report faults which do not fall under direct responsibility, and upgrade or enhance as and when required.
• Configure / reconfigure information systems and technical applications for any changes of platform.
• Maintain development environments for systems development and UAT: disaster recovery of said environments in case of systems or server crash (which could require installation and configuration of software, creation or restoration of databases, and redeployment of business applications, cither from scratch or from backups).
• Perform routine maintenance of technical applications and related licenses. Ensure that licenses are valid at all times, and procure new licenses / update maintenance contracts as and when required.
• Remain abreast with technological advancements and practices in the G&G applications & workflows.
• Implement and monitor appropriate security measures on supported / related information systems, operating systems, databases and software in use as per policy guidelines (internal, those governed by Sarbancs Oxlcy. or as directed).
• Perform administrative and organizational tasks necessary to maintain project focus and retain alignment with T/S Applications Group objectives.
• Comply with Sarbancs Oxlcy Act and change management guidelines and procedures.
• MPhil in Gcosciences / Bachelors in Gcoscicnccs /Computer Sciences from a recognized university with 6 years of industry experience.
• Hands-on experience of working in UNIX & Linux environments, preferably with some experience of UNIX / Linux administration
• Ability to assess business requirements for information systems and translate these to technical (IT) specifications.