NATIONAL BANK OF PAKISTAN
National Bank of Pakistan is one of the largest commercial bank in Pakistan with global market presence and branches in all parts of the country. NBP invites applications against the following position from professionals with proven track record and capacity to act as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Credit and Risk Management.
The individuals who fulfill the below-mentioned basic eligibility criteria may apply for the following position:
Corporate Rank: SEVP & Group Chief
Functional Title: Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Group: Credit & Risk Management Group
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Academic / Professional Qualification:
University degree preferably a master s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent from a reputable University/Institute recognized by HEC. Membership of Professional Accounting body or Certification relevant to Risk Management in addition to degree will be an added qualification
Minimum 20 years of experience in banking with at least 05 years of relevant experience at senior level/ leadership role in a Risk Management position.
Age: Minimum 45 years and maximum 57 years
Place of Posting: Karachi
Outline of Main Duties / Responsibilities:
• To supervise the totality of the risk functions in the Bank including credit as well as all other enterprise wide risks such as market and liquidity risk, operational risk, fraud, cross border and others such as legal and reputational risk.
• CRO will be a member of all President/CEO chaired committees of the Bank such as ALCO, Credit Committee, Enterprise Risk Committee, Equity Investment Committee, Management Committee etc.
• The CRO should be actively engaged in the process of setting risk measures and limits for various Business Lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence and the progress of implementation.
• To serve as the convener of the Board Risk Committee (BRC); Enterprise Risk Committee (ERC) meetings as per TORs and approved rules of business.
• To identify, develop and review overall Risk Management policy, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and approval of the enterprise wide risk governance framework.
• To develop, facilitate and introduce systems and procedures for risk identification, risk analysis, risk measurement and risk management.
• To supervise setting, monitoring and reporting bank wide key risk indicators.
• To develop and implement policy framework of Information Security and Fraud Risk Management for the Bank.
• To facilitate development of a risk appetite framework including RAROC, allocation of capital and setting of capital adequacy goals.
• To facilitate calculation and reporting of capital charge to State Bank jointly with CFO, develop and implement BASEL III+ road map in accordance with SBP guidelines and establish systems / models that quantify the risk profile of the Bank.
• To supervise establishing an early warning and trigger system for breaches of the Bank’s Risk appetite/limits.
• To oversee the Credit Administration function of the Bank.
• To formulate and review credit and risk policies and procedures and communicate the same with the approval of BoD where required.
• To oversee all risk management activities related to pursuance for under litigation / stuck-up accounts / recovery as per Bank’s Policy.
• To ensure effective portfolio risk management across the franchise.
• To ensure compliance of credit related Banking Laws, Regulations, Banking instructions and procedures, maintenance of files and other records, rectification of audit irregularities and their non-recurrence.
Assessment Interviews: Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for interviews.
Employment Type: The employment will be on contractual basis, for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
Interested candidates may send their CVs / Applications on the following email address by clearly mentioning the position applied for in bold writing in the subject of the relevant email within 15 days of publication of this advertisement:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received after due date will not be considered. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview(s).
(We are an equal opportunity employer)
Say No to Drugs
National Bank of Pakistan
UAN 111 627 627 www.nbp.com.pk