NATIONAL BANK OF PAKISTAN
National Bank of Pakistan is one of the largest commercial bank in Pakistan with global market presence and branches in all parts of the country. NBP invites applications against the following position from professionals with proven track record and capacity to act as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Information Technology & Digitalization.
The individuals who fulfill the below-mentioned basic eligibility criteria may apply for the following position:
Corporate Rank: SEVP & Group Chief
Functional Title: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Group: Information Technology & Digitalization Group
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Educational / Professional Qualification:
University Degree, minimum Bachelor’s preferably in Computer/ Information Technology/ Business from International University (Preferred) or HEC Pakistan recognized Institution / University.
Minimum 20 years in relevant field with at least 05 years at Senior level position (equivalent to SEVP & reporting to the President) leading a multi-disciplinary team with following experience:-
• Senior Executive level position in a Financial, Consulting enterprise preferably CIO or equivalent senior position
• Selecting, managing & deploying projects like Core Banking, Treasury, Trade Finance, AML, or equivalent Financial sector applications
• Good knowledge of Digital – Cloud – Analytics, CRM and ADC initiatives, and deployment
• Proven IT Project Management track record
• Experience and exposure to Strategic planning, budgeting and HR processes as part of the Senior Executive level team
Knowledge / Other Skills / Expertise Preferred
• Initiator, leader and executor of change
• Needs to have business acumen and experience
• Demonstrate that he/she can work with business on implementation of technology projects
• Have well-developed managerial skills required for managing a team, PMO, external stakeholders etc.
Age: Minimum 40 years and maximum 57 years
Place of Posting: Karachi
Outline of Main Duties / Responsibilities:
• To provide strategic direction for technology function that supports integrated solutions, including infrastructure, network services, applications, change delivery, as well as the overall process and governance framework that ensures end-to-end integration and excellent client experience.
• To develop and maintain an appropriate operating model that enables the technology function to deliver on the needs of the business. This includes not only organization and processes, but also the key supplier sourcing arrangements essential for technology delivery.
• To lead technology and Digital Strategic / Operational planning to support achievement of business goals through the efficient delivery of end-to-end services and the delivery of innovative and scalable solutions.
• To maintain and develop the system requirements to ensure that operational risk is managed to the level required by the Bank’s policies and procedures including that of business contingency/continuity planning.
• To review, maintain, and develop IT Policy and Procedures which support the Bank’s business and strategic objective. Ensure integrity, reliability and availability of Bank s Information as well as technical infrastructure and its business units.
• To drive growth by converting traditional businesses to digital ones, and oversee operations in the rapidly changing digital sectors like mobile & internet applications, social media and related applications, virtual goods, as well as web-based information management and marketing.
• To evaluate overall operations of computing and Information Technology functions and recommend enhancements. Develop, track, and control the technology and digital annual operating and capital budgets.
• To identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development. Assess and communicate risks associated with technology investments.
• To oversee and direct IT team to manage overall risks associated with the technology and digital business and ensure that delivery operates in compliance with the overall internal and external compliance framework/ guidelines/ regulations.
• To oversee and direct large and complex application software implementation throughout the Bank including negotiations and mediating the scope and contract issues and interfacing with end-users.
Assessment Interviews Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for interviews.
Employment Type The employment will be on contractual basis, for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
Interested candidates may send their CVs / Applications on the following email address by clearly mentioning the position applied for in bold writing in the subject of the relevant email within 15 days of publication of this advertisement:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received after due date will not be considered. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview(s).
(We are an equal opportunity employer)
Say No to Drugs
National Bank of Pakistan
UAN 111 627 627 www.nbp.com.pk