National History and Literary Heritage Division, Islamabad
Services of a dynamic and qualified full time professional are required for the senior position of the Executive Director in National Institute of Folk and Traditional Heritage (Lok Virsa), Islamabad.
MP-I/MP-II/MP-III (in terms of Finance Division’s instruction)
• The appointment will be on contract basis for a period of (02) two years
• The selected candidate shall cease to hold office of the Executive Director Lok Virsa on attaining the age of 65 years or expiry of term whichever is earlier.
Maximum age-limit: 63 years
Master’s degree in Sociology / Ethnology / Anthropology / Folklore and other related fields from HEC recognized University: and
♦ 15 years experience in grade 17 and above in government, semi-government or autonomous bodies or equivalent in private sector including 5 years experience of working at senior management level;
♦ Eminent professional of known integrity, reputation, competence and expertise in the field of research, collection documentation, preservation and dissemination of Pakistan’s folk heritage; and
♦ Must have sound knowledge of administration, financial management, art, history, public relations and cultural diplomacy.
2. Interested applicants should their applications on prescribed proforma, without attachment of copies of educational and other documents, to the undersigned within 15 days after the publication of this advertisement. The applicants working in Government institutions should route their applications through proper channel.
3. Eligibility will be determined and selection will be finalized as per approved Government policy. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. The candidates shall not be entitled to any TA/DA for appearing in the interview.
(In case of selection, the candidate working in Government Department or Autonomous or Semi-Autonomous Bodies will have to resign or seek retirement before joining of the new assignment)
4. Application form can be downloaded from www.lokvirsa.org.pk and www.heritage.pakistan.gov.pk
(Nazir Ahmad) Deputy Secretary (Heritage)
National History and Literary Heritage Division 4th. Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Phone: 051-9222751