Government of Pakistan
NATIONAL SECURITY DIVISION
(PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE) ISLAMABAD
CHAIRPERSON. STRATEGIC POLICY PLANNING CELL
Applications are invited from persons of eminence to head the recently created Strategic Policy Planning Cell (SPPC), placed within the National Security Division.
To be considered for this key role following evidence is required in the application for the post:
1. Minimum qualification Masters Degree from Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized university in security studies, defence and strategic studies, international relations, political science, political economy, or related field. Candidates holding PhD will be given due preference.
2. Minimum 10 years-experience in policy research and policy dialogue/advice.
3. Strong track record of publications, including policy papers and reports, peer reviewed journals or internationally published Books from Recognized Presses that demonstrate solid expertise and experience in traditional and human security issues would be given additional weightage.
4. Must possess deep understanding of Pakistan’s current and future opportunities and challenges, international and national policy networks and engagements with international research institutions.
5. Must be a Pakistani citizen not more than 60 years of age.
6. The position carries a Special Professional Pay Scale (SPPS I) and will be for a period of 2 years extendable for further period of two years contingent upon result based performance.
7. Procedure for selection: Applications will be considered for the advertised position of Chairperson as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. A Special Selection Board shall interview the short listed candidates.
Applications along with C.V. / Bio-data and 02 copies of CNIC should be sent to Secretary. National Security Division. 4th Floor PM Office, Islamabad latest by 2nd September, 2019.
(SAJJAD AHMED SEEHAR)
Joint Secretary National Security Division Tele#. 051-9214374,