U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
The U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCAS-E) at National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) is a partnership between NUST and Arizona State University in the United States. The Center has a nationwide network for energy professionals by offering world-class research laboratories, networking sessions, seminars, and international exchange programs. Women and economically disadvantaged students are encouraged to apply to USPCAS-Es post-graduate programs as per below:
MS & PhD Energy Systems Engineering MS & PhD Thermal Energy Engineering MS Electrical Engineering (Power)
Admissions are open for MS/PhD programs commencing Fall 2019 session. For application form please visit www.pgadmission.nust.edu.pk
Dates to Remember:
• Last date for submission of applications:
30th April 2019
• Last date for submission of NTS GAT Gen/Subject or GRE Gen/Subject
International Score: 8th July 2019
• Commencement of Class: 2nd September 2019
• Candidates, who have appeared in final exam and are awaiting result, may also apply provided they submit their complete result before commencement of classes.
• Score of NTS GAT (Gen) held after 14th July 2019 will not be accepted.
• NUST will obtain the GAT (Gen) score held on or after 1 August 2018 till July 2019 directly from NTS Pakistan.
• All candidates should ensure to write their correct CNIC Number on the online Admission Application Form of Master Admission and on NTS form, failing wrhich their score may not be verified by NTS.
• Candidates can only apply online through NUST website www.pgadmission.nust.edu.pk
For further details:
Student Coordinator Faculty Office
U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCAS-E) National University of Sciences and Technology-Islamabad
Ph: +92 (51) 90855282 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org +92 (51) 90855281 URL: www.uspcase.nust.edu.pk Follow us at: https:/ /www.facebookxom/USPakCASEN/?fref=ts
B.E in any engineering discipline recognized by PEC or M.Sc / BS (04 years) in chemistry / physics / electronics / environment • Graduate assessment test
MS/ M.Phil, in Chemistry, Physics, Electronics and Environmental/Energy Science or MS in all HEC/PEC recognized Engineering disciplines
• Admission of the PhD student for the program will be based on:
•GRE (general) or GRE (Subject/Engineering) by ETS USA or NTS GAT Subject Test (Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Material Engineering and Physics) or GRE-Subject type test organized by the USPCAS-E NUST (with min of 70% score)
• B.E in Mechanical, Electrical (Power), Chemical, Industrial, Process, or equivalent B.S (4-years) Or M.Sc. degrees in Physics
• Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years (minimum 124 credit hours) education after HSSC/A* Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks (percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript).
• GAT (General) conducted by NTS with at least 50 accumulative score or GRE (General) conducted by ETS USA, with following minimum score separately in each section.
Eligibility Criteriafa PhPTO
• MS/M.Phil. in Energy System Engineering (Thesis in Thermal Engineering), Thermal Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Thermal Power Engineering and Process Engineering.
• GRE (General) or GRE (Subject/Engineering) by ETS (New Jersey) or GRE-Subject type test organized by the USPCAS-E NUST (with min of 70 % score)
B.E/BS in Electrical, Electronics engineering Graduate Assessment Test (General)
FEMALE STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
• Excellent graduate training opportunities
Networking sessions, seminars and workshops State-of-the-art research laboratories
Internship opportunities Applied research