(ZERO TOLERANCE) (FULL ENFORCEMENT)
Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO) is a leading Public Electric Utility Company, endeavoring to provide uninterrupted electric power to more than 3.5 million valued consumers. Applications are invited through National Testing Service (NTS) for appointment against following posts in GEPCO, for a period of one (01) year, on contract basis further extendable on performance basis. The requisite qualification I experience and other conditions are given as under: –
Note:- After successful completion of all tests (Skill Test, Physical Test) selection shall be finalized through balloting only for the post of ALM.
Applicants are advised to read the following instructions carefully before filling the relevant prescribed application form available on the National Testing Service (NTS) website i.e. www.nts.org.pk.
INSTRUCTIONS & GENERAL CONDITIONS
1) General age relaxation has already been included in the age mentioned against each category. No further age relaxation is allowed in the prescribed age limit except candidates belonging to scheduled casts, Buddhist, FATA/GB and AJK are allowed 3 years and for Disabled person 10 years relaxation in upper age limit.
2) Government Servants IWAPDA / DISCOs employees who have completed two years continuous Government IWAPDAI DISCOs service on the closing date for receipt of applications, age limit is permissible upto 43-years for posts of BPS-17 (Sr. 1 & 2) and 40-years for the posts of Line Superintendent (Grade-I), Bill Distnbutor & Assistant Lineman only (Sr. 3,4 & 5).
3) All quotas (where applicable) will be observed as per Govt policy.
4) Candidates who don’t have PEC Registration are not eligible to apply (where applicable).
5) Candidates applying on appropriate application form for the post available on M/S National Testing Service (NTS) website i.e. www nts.org.pk will only be considered for short listing.
6) Candidates who are applying for the post of Line Superintendent (Grade-I), Bill Distributor & Assistant Lineman shall be eligible to apply having domicile of Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot & Narowal districts only (Sr. 3,4 & 5).
7) Candidates will apply against the seats reserved for their district of domicile and district wise merit will be maintained for the posts of Bill Distributor & Assistant Lineman only (Sr. 4 & 5).
8) The recruitment for the post of ALM will initially start through screening of Physical Parameters and those fulfilling physical parameters will undergo Skill Test and those who qualify Skill Test by securing minimum 50% marks will be called for Physical Endurance Test (i.e. Running, Push Ups I Dund, Lifting of weight, Digging, Climbing Skills (Tower / Ladder) and Pulling of Wires). Finally those who will qualify the Physical Endurance Test by securing minimum 50% marks will be called for balloting as per short listing criteria.
9) After successful completion of all tests (Skill Test, Physical Test) selection shall be finalized through balloting only for the post of ALM.
10) Recruitment (Skill, Physical Test, etc.) will be carried out through M/S National Testing Service (NTS) for the sake of transparency and fair play as per criteria.
11) Candidates with any physical disability and women will not be considered for the post of ALM.
12) Computer knowledge (including MS Office.. Windows, Internet & E-mail etc.) is compulsory for the posts of BPS-15 & BPS-17 (Sr 1, 2 & 3).
13) Serving candidates are advised to apply through proper channel.
14) Only short-listed candidates will be called for test I interview I Balloting.
15) Candidates, if selected, will be required to perform duties within the jurisdiction of GEPCO.
16) No TA/DA will be admissible to candidates for Test or Interview.
17) Candidates applying against 20% Employee’s Children Quota must provide the following documents / certificates alongwith their applications: –
i) PPO Book of retired I deceased after retirement GEPCO employee.
ii) Employment status, if father is still working in GEPCO. (Duly signed by Dy. Manager concerned and countersigned by Manager concerned)
iii) Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper that no Brother / Sister / Widow or Mother is already employed under Employee’s Children Quota. (Duly signed by Dy. Manager concerned and countersigned by Manager concerned)
iv) Death Certificate issued by NADRA if father/mother of applicant whoever employed in GEPCO (In case of death of employee after retirement).
v) GEPCO employees removed/dismissed/terminated shall not be considered as GEPCO employee for this purpose and their children will not be entitled for appointment against the quota reserved for children of GEPCO employees.
18) Candidates applying against Disabled Quota must attach Disability Certificate from Assessment Board for Disabled persons from City I District Council for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons.
19) Candidates awaiting their result are not eligible to apply.
20) Incomplete applications or applications containing incorrect information or received after due date shall not be entertained.
21) Late submission of applications by courier service will have no binding upon GEPCO and M/S National Testing Service (NTS).
22) Original and attested copies of all educational documents, Domicile certificate, CNIC of applicant and other relevant certificate(s) I document(s) as well as two recent passport size photographs must be presented by the candidates at the time of interview I balloting.
23) Candidates may contact M/S National Testing Service (NTS) for any query/inquiry regarding written test, display provisional & final list of candidates, Roll No. slips, test centers, results etc.
24) GEPCO reserves the right to withhold I cancel the whole recruitment process or of any post at any stage without assigning any reason.
25) Mobile phone will not be allowed in test center premises.
26) Dismissed / screened out employees of any organization or having criminal record are not eligible for employment in GEPCO
27) Any litigation pertaining to recruitment process will be dealt by the M/S National Testing Service (NTS) at its own without any liability whatever for GEPCO.
28) Those applicants who have applied under Direct / 20% Employees Children Quota against any of above referred posts in the past to any GEPCO office should submit fresh application form as per above instructions.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Application forms and other information are available on National Testing Service (NTS) website i.e. www.nts.org.pk. Please visit NTS website for application forms and other information.
2) The candidates must apply within 15-days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
3) Test fee for the posts of Assistant Manager (Operation) / Junior Engineer (BPS-17) & Revenue Officer I Assistant Manager Customer Services (BPS-17) is Rs. 310/- and for the posts of Line Superintendent (Grade-I) (BPS-15), Bill Distributor (BPS-07) & Assistant Lineman (BPS-05) is Rs. 285/-. However. 50% of the Test fee to be borne by the candidates and 50% by the GEPCO as per the instructions I guidelines of Establishment Division. Accordingly Candidates shall submit application forms dully filled in alongwith prescribed fee i.e. Rs. 155/- for the posts of Assistant Manager (Operation) I Junior Engineer (BPS-17) & Revenue Officer I Assistant Manager Customer Services (BPS-17) and Rs. 143/- for the posts of Line Superintendent (Grade-I) (BPS-15), Bill Distributor (BPS-07) & Assistant Lineman (BPS-05) in favour of NTS. Remaining 50% fee shall be paid by GEPCO directly to NTS as per agreement.
4) No application shall be entertained at GEPCO Headquarter, therefore, candidates are advised to send their complete prescribed application form directly to M/S NTS.
5) Separate application form will be submitted if candidate is applying against more than one post I quota.
6) Please keep visiting NTS website regularly for test schedule, updates and results.
Candidates are advised that nobody can help you to favour in the selection process, so do not make any contact to any such person who claims that he/she can make your selection possible. GEPCO’s selection process is transparent according to Government of Pakistan and PEPCO’s approved rules and regulations, so nobody can help any candidate. In this matter, if any suspicious person makes any contact with you, please inform to GEPCO Management immediately.