“DONATE FOR DIAMER-BASHA AND MOHMAND DAMS”
Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Company
Ministry of Commerce & Textile (Commerce Division)
Government of Pakistan
Pakistan Horticulture Development and Export Company, registered under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, mandated to promote and develop exports of horticulture, intends to hire its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead the diverse team towards the achievement of the Company’s objectives. The position is contractual for a period of 3 years.
Under the overall guidance of the Board of Directors and in line with the policies of the Government of Pakistan, the CEO will discharge the following responsibilities:
• Formulate goals, strategies, and objectives to ensure maximization of development in the sector and increase in sectoral exports and the long-term success of the Company.
• Lead and manage the Company within parameters defined in the articles and memorandum of association, and Government directives from time to time.
• Review and report regularly to the Board concerning the Company’s progress towards its goals and all material deviations from the goals, strategies, and objectives approved by the Board, including updating and making changes as required, and involving the Board in the early stages of developing strategy.
• Implement the financial and operating plans that support the Company’s strategic plans.
• Review and report regularly to the Board on the overall progress and results against sectoral development and export, set targets and initiate courses of action for improvement.
• Identify the principal risks to the Company’s operation and implement appropriate systems to manage these risks.
• Keep the Board fully informed of all significant operational, financial, and other matters relevant to the Company, including legal, regulatory, and governmental policy developments.
• Coordinate with stakeholders, development organizations and government departments, for achievement of objectives of company.
• Management of human resources of the company as team leader. Work as the chief financial officer of the company. The detailed job description may be downloaded from www.phdec.gov.pk
• A minimum post graduate degree from a HEC-recognized university in one of the following disciplines: Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Marketing and Agribusiness or Business Administration
• At least 15 years relevant progressive experience in renowned national and international organisations involved in value chain development, capacity building of stakeholders, designing and implementing training programmes, providing information and advisory services, trade facilitation and establishing market linkages in domestic and international market.
• A good understanding of the horticulture value chain, strong communication and negotiation skills, strong leadership qualities, and proven track record of team building.
• An understanding of the financial and administrative decision-making channels in the government would be an advantage.
• The age on the last date of application is 62 or less
• Must fulfill the fit and proper criteria specified in Schedule-ll of the Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015.
The applications on the Application Form as given in Annexure A to Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 available at http://www.secp.gov.pk/CG/PublicSectorCompanies (ChiefExecutiveAppointment) Guidelines 2015.pdf along with the Declaration given in Annexure B to the above-mentioned Guidelines, copies of the degrees/testimonials, duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant, copy of CNIC and Bio Data Form, should reach Admin & HR Deptt, Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Company, 3,d Floor, FPCCI Capital House, Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat Road, Mauve Area, G-8/1, Islamabad within 15 days of the advertisement. A complete set of the application (Application Form, Declaration, copies of degrees/testimonials, CNIC and Bio Data Form) must also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Envelope should clearly mention “Application for CEO”. Candidates in Government Service, fulfilling the above-mentioned Essential Qualifications, if shortlisted for the interview will have to present the departmental permission during the interview.
Manager (Admin & HR)
PHDEC, 3rd Floor, FPCCI Capital House, Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat Road,
Mauve Area, G-8/1, Islamabad Tel: 051-9107381-86 URL: email@example.com
“SAY NO TO CORRUPTION