PAKISTAN MEDICAL AND DENTAL COUNCIL
FOR STUDENTS TAKING THE ADMISSION TEST FOR MEDICAL AND DENTAL COLLEGES.
PM&DC seeks to clarify questions that have been brought to its attention and may not have been fully clarified in the advertisements issued by the Admitting Universities forthe holding of the Admission Test (MDCAT) 2019.
1. ALL Admission Test’s conducted by the Admitting Universities shall be held on 25th August, 2019 or 8th September 2019 as advertised by each Admitting University and permitted by PM&DC.
2. Any student having completed their final year of FSC or equivalent may apply and sit the Admission Test conducted by any of the Admitting Universities. FSC or equivalent exam result is not a pre-condition to apply for or take the Admission Test.
3. The Admission Test represents 50% of the weightage for calculation for merit for admission to medical or dental college and therefore, is a mandatory requirement for admission to medical or dental college.
4. The Admission Test is not an Application for Admission to a Medical or Dental College. The Admission Test and Application for Admission to a Medical or Dental College are different steps of the process.
5. Admissions to public and private medical and dental colleges shall be separately advertised in September 2019 after completion of the Admission Test at which time the students can electto apply for admission to medical ordental college through multiple Admitting Universities.
6. Admission to a PUBLIC medical or dental college shall be subject to provincial domicile of the student. Therefore, a student desirous of applying to a public medical or dental college must sit forthe Admission Test conducted by the Admitting University of the province/territory of which the student holds a domicile.
7. As per Regulation 9(6) of the MBBS and BDS (Admissions, House Job and Internship) Regulations, 2018 a student can apply for admission to a PRIVATE medical or dental college anywhere in Pakistan on the basis of Admission Test conducted by any of the Admitting University’s. Therefore, a student’s ability to apply to any private medical or dental college shall not be in any manner restricted by province in which the student takes the Admission Test.
8. For purposes of availing the provincial quota in the Federal Medical & Dental College, a student’s Admission Test from the Admitting University of the applicable domicile of the student would be treated as valid and applicable.
9. Any questions or clarifications can be sought by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or callingon the MDCAT Hot Line 051-9106625.
KPK: Khyber Medical University Sindh: Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences
Punjab: University of Health Sciences Baluchistan: Bolan University of Medical & Health Sciences
AJ&K: University of Health Sciences Armed Forces: National University of Medical Sciences
Federal Capital OCT): Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University
Registrar Pakistan Medical & Dental Council G-10/4, Mauve Area, Islamabad. Phone No= 051-9106151-4, Fax No. 051-9106159
Website: pmdc.org.pk, Email:email@example.com