Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Chief Executive Officer
Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) is one of Pakistan’s largest publicly traded oil and gas producers with annual sales exceeding USD 1 billion. The Company’s Board is desirous of appointing a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organization.
The Board is looking for a high caliber professional with demonstrable record of successfully leading a company or a division of large size and complexity with considerable skill and experience and who is motivated to making a positive difference in a sector critical to Pakistan’s economy.
The person should possess the following attributes:
1. Effective leadership: First class management experience, comfortable operating at the Board level, with exceptional communication and people skills and a proven ability to provide inspirational leadership at all levels for energizing the organization.
2. Strong intellect: Analytical, intellectually robust and commercially astute, able to work with the Board to develop and articulate clear strategic options, evaluate potential outcomes and plan effective implementation with a clear focus on delivery.
3. Knowledge of operating environment: Deep understanding of the regulatory, commercial, political and security environment in which the Company operates. Ability to engage effectively with public institutions, stakeholders and joint venture partners such as the Ministry of Energy, shareholders, employees’ associations and unions and other oil and gas operators in the country.
4. Qualifications: The successful candidate will be a graduate of an internationally recognized university, and will have professional qualifications relevant to the management and control of large commercial organizations. Experience in and familiarity with oil and gas exploration and production / petrochemical business is necessary.
5. Experience: Minimum 20 years’ post qualification experience is a pre-requisite of which at least 10 years should be in senior management leadership role. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate understanding of the dynamics in the oil and gas / petrochemical industry. Candidates with Operational / P&L / Business Unit Head experience will have an added advantage.
6. Internal Candidates: Company employees meeting the above criteria are encouraged to apply. They will be given an equal opportunity of being considered on merit.
7. Age: Should not be above 62 years as at the date of application.
The selected individual will be offered a compensation package in line with the market norms for such position.
Interested candidates may submit CVs at email@example.com before 28 October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that use of any influence during the selection process will immediately result in the disqualification of the candidate.