Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform
Government of Pakistan
Planning Commission of Pakistan entrusted with the task of overall development, planning and policy making of the country seeks to revitalize itself as a premier development think tank and policy advisor to the Government in key sectors of the economy backed by excellence in research and evidence based planning and responding to emerging challenges and needs in a globalized world. The Planning Commission invites top Pakistani talent to join its team for transforming Pakistan into an economically developed country. Applications are invited for the following position, which will be filled strictly on merit in a transparent manner.
CHIEF ECONOMIST (MP-I SCALE)
Planning Commission is seeking to appoint Chief Economist for strengthening and building capacity of the Commission and invites applications from professionals/ experts on highly competitive salary and benefits (MP-I Scale):
QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
• Minimum Masters Degree preferably Ph.D. in the relevant field from nationally/internationally reputed/HEC recognized university.
• Preferably internationally recognized publications/policy papers in the relevant field;
• Minimum 15 years distinguished professional career at national/international level including 5-10 years of managerial experience at policy making level in the relevant field and having the expertise to lead/advise the planning process.
Age less than 62 years. For relevant job description please consult Planning Commission website.
TENURE: The initial contract shall be for a period of two years extendable on satisfactory performance as per requirement.
• Those already in Government Service should apply through proper channel. In case of selection for the position in MP-I Scale, the candidate will have to resign or seek retirement before joining.
• Application along-with CV and testimonials, details of additional qualifications and experience may be sent by post to Section Officer (HRM-II), Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform, P-Block, Pak-Secretariat, Islamabad on the prescribed form available at: www.pc.gov.pk within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be admissible. Ministry reserves the right not to fill the post or withhold appointment against the advertised post.
Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform,
Government of Pakistan
Block “P”, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Phone # 051-9205734
SAY NO TO DRUGS