Punjab Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department Jobs 3 April 19, Secretary
Recruitment for the post of secretary,
Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department,
Government of Punjab.
The job is highly challenging, involving dedication, high quality legal expertise a professional approach: the responsibilities include supervision/management of law Department; management/conduct of Government litigation, including examination, drafting & vetting of legal documents relating to litigation; interpretation of Constitution, legislation and legal instruments; legal advice/opinion on assorted legal issues, including service matters; scrutiny of judical decisions for purposes of appeal, revision or review; legal research; preparation/drafting of concept papers, summaries & other correspondence; and administrative matters including accountsandfinances
(a) Ph.D. (law), or ll.M or Bar-atiaw, or LL.B. (50% marks on the aggregate) or equivalent qualification from a reputed University/Institution, recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
(b) in case of LL.B., and Bar-at-Law, twenty two years; in case of ll.M., seventeen years; and, in case of Ph.D., fifteen years’ experience as mentioned below:
(•) Legal experience of following kinds:
(a) Legislative drafting;
(b) Decision making involving interpretation of laws either as a Judicial Officer or Advocate or Civil Servant; and
(c) Teaching and/ or research in law or law related subjects.
(c) The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
(a) a high degree of understanding of constitutional and legal frame work;
(b) a high degree of understanding of Civil and Criminal Justice systems;
(c) a high degree of understanding of regulatory laws or regulations and its impact; and
(d) excellent understanding and expression of English language.
Age: Minimum: 45 years Maximum: 63 years Mode of Recruitment On Contract Pav Package: 8S-21 / MP-I
How to Apply
Eligible candidates (male or female) may apply alongw.th the following documents:
• attested copies of educational certificates/degrees/dipiomas/CNIC/domicile/expenence certificate.
• detailed Curriculum Vitae of the candidate clearly highlighting an elements of the eligibility criteria and personal attributes, alongwith three recent passport size photographs.
• Vision Statement pertaining to the post applied for.
• The candidates already working in Government/semi Government institutions may apply through proper channel. Only short-listed candidates will be called for Test/Interview. No TA/DA will be admissible for the purpose.
• The Government may dispense with the recruitment process without assigning any reason.
Last Date for Applications
Applications for the post must reach the following address by 23.04.2019 (Tuesday)
Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab, Civil Secretariat, Lahore