Senate of Pakistan
Summer Internship Program 2019
Do you want to work as intern at the Upper House of the Parliament? Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience of how legislation is done, how Committees work and how the House of Federation functions? How about having direct interaction with elected representatives?
Senate of Pakistan has initiated an Internship Program under which opportunity is being offered to university students from across the country for summer internship in July-August, 2019. The objective of the internship is social responsibility, parliamentary education and outreach. The criteria for the summer internship are as under:
Title : Senate Summer Internship Program
Students in 16th year of education in HEC accredited universities
Preferred Disciplines for internship:
Law, Political Science, Public/ Business Administration, International Relations, Economics/ Finance, Computer Science/IT, Media, Social Sciences and English/ Linguistics.
Age: 20-28 years
Stipend: Rs. 15,000/- per month all inclusive. Students will have to arrange for their boarding/ lodging and transport on their own.
Internship Duration: 2 months (during summer vacations i.e July- August)
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO NOTE;
(i) After receipt of the applications, short listed candidates will have to appear before the Intern Selection Committee for interview to be arranged in due course at Islamabad.
(ii) No TA/DA will be paid for the interview and no official accommodation will be provided.
(iii) Women are especially encouraged to apply.
(iv) All applications for Summer internship shall reach the undersigned on or before 30th May 201Q.
(v) Candidates are advised to apply on the prescribed proforma, available at the last page of this advertisement.
(vi) Incomplete applications and late submissions shall not be considered.
(vii) The internship will be governed under the terms and conditions provided on the next page. Any violation of these terms and conditions will render the internship liable to termination and / or any other proceedings as may be decided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MICRO SUMMER INTERNSHIP IN THE SENATE OF
1. The Senate Secretariat will make final selection for the Summer Internship Program as per requirements.
2. The Summer Internship is not an offer of employment in any way nor does it confer any right to the intern for continuance of internship after 2 months.
3. The intern will not be entitled to any accommodation, traveling expenses, transport to duty, medical facilities or any other benefits during Internship.
4. The intern will be governed by the rules and regulations of the organization including but not limited to, observance of working hours, confidentiality and discipline. The noncompliance with the said rules and regulations shall make the internship liable to termination of the internship.
5. The intern will accept all decisions of the management in respect of placement in any Committee, branch or office or cell or any other issue relating to the internship, such decision shall be binding and shall not be challenged in any court of law by the intern or any other person acting through or under him.
6. The duration of internship will be 2 months during summer vacations and the intern shall be entitled to 2 days leave for each month of internship.
7. The Senate Secretariat reserves the right to terminate at any time the internship of any or, all the interns without assigning any reasons or giving notice thereof.
8. The intern can request for terminationof internship on giving 07 days’ notice in writing to the management. In such a case, however, the intern shall not be entitled to receive internship completion certificate.
9. The Senate Secretariat shall terminate the intern if it is proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that there has been disclosure of an official confidential document or information. Further the intern shall be liable for legal proceedings under the relevant laws before a court or tribunal of competence jurisdiction.
10. All interns shall be required to submit a 5-page report to HRM-III Section at the conclusion of their internship. The report shall encompass brief on their experiences, Learning and suggestions for improvement, if any, Instead of a report, an intern can also write a brief research paper on one of the core areas of the work of Senate Secretariat e.g. Legislation, Committees, Individual Members ‘Support etc.
(Abdul Fateh Ujjan) Deputy Secretary (HRM) Senate Secretariat, Parliament House,Islamabad.