Sindh Resilience Project PDMA Component Jobs 24 April 2019, CBDRM Expert, Risk Assessment Expert
Sindh Resilience Project
(Provincial Disaster Management Authority Component)
Request for Expressions of Interest / CV (Consulting Services -Individual Consultant) Pakistan P155350: Sindh Resilience Project (PDMA Component) Credit No.: 5888-PK
The Sindh Resilience Project (Provincial Disaster Management Authority Component) has received credit from the International Development Association. SRP-PDMA intends hiring of individual consultants to work as team in the project. The Sindh Resilience Project (Provincial Disaster Management Authority Component) now invites applications from the eligible Individual (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the below mentioned Services.
1. Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) Expert
• Preferably an advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) (minimum sixteen years of education) in Related disciplines such as disaster / emergency management, development studies, population studies, social science, public health, economics, urban and rural / regional planning, etc.
• At least seven (07) years experience in planning, designing and implementing community-based projects, preferably CBDRM project experience [which includes search & rescue training].
• Experience in community-based disaster or emergency response management.
• Excellent analytical, reporting and monitoring & evaluation skills as evidenced through various reports developed by applicant.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
2. Risk Assessment Expert
• M.S degree (minimum sixteen years of education) desirable from a recognized and reputable university in Climate Change / Environmental Sciences, Disaster Risk Management, GIS / RS. Geology, Geography. Specialization in risk assessment shall be accorded due weightage.
• Minimum 10 years, post qualification, documentary verifiable experience in DRR and risk assessment including design, execution and management of multi-hazard and vulnerability assessments at national and regional level.
• Having hands-on experience of GIS software and tools for composite risk assessment. Participatory Risk Assessment Methodologies, Scientific Data Collection Tools shall be accorded due weightage.
The detailed ToRs can be downloaded from www.pdma.gos.pk
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in Section V of the World Bank’s Guidelines. Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”).
Curriculum Vitae (CV) may be emailed on email@example.com by 1600 hrs, 08 May, 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Attested copies of educational / experience certificates will be required at the time of interview.
Sindh Resilience Project, (PDMA Component) Plot 26, Main Khayaban-e-Jami, Phase VII, DHA Karachi
Say No to Corruption
INF-KRY No. 2099/19