State Bank Young Professional Induction Program OG-2 SBP 8th Batch
SBP Banking Services Corporation
SBP Banking Services Corporation (SBP BSC) was established in 2001 as a wholly owned subsidiary of State Bank of Pakistan. As an operational arm of State Bank, SBP BSC is engaged in managing currency and foreign exchange operations; providing banking services to the government, financial institutions and general public; conducting development finance activities; implementing export refinance and other government subsidy schemes; performing agency functions like sale/purchase of prize bonds, prize money draws, national saving instruments schemes etc. SBP BSC, having its Head Office at Karachi, operates through a network of 16 Field Offices across the country.
As part of ongoing organizational development/change management program and to strengthen its HR base, SBP BSC invites applications from talented Pakistani/AJK nationals to join it as Officer Grade-2 (OG-2). The job provides excellent opportunities for the right candidates desirous of building long-term career in a dynamic organization.
Young Professionals Induction Program 2019 (YPIP) – 8th Batch
Last Date for Submission of Applications to SBP BSC : Monday, 15th April 2019
The Young Professionals Induction Program (YPIP) is one of the starting points of an exciting career at SBP Banking Services Corporation for those who have passion for career development and leadership potential to grow in enthralling technical and managerial roles. It is a unique opportunity for young talent to gain exposure to central banking operations.
The program is specifically designed for highly qualified, motivated and dynamic individuals skilled in areas relevant to SBP BSC such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Information Systems & Technology, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, and Agriculture.
We value diversity in our workplace and encourage qualified men and women with diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since 2010, the YPIP program has hired around 500 people who are holding positions from entry level to middle management positions. Candidates selected under YPIP are offered a permanent position of Officer Grade-2 at SBP BSC, spend 12 weeks in a structured development program at National Institute of Banking & Finance (NIBAF), and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
Masters or Bachelors Degree with 16 years of education from HEC Recognized universities/institutes or reputable foreign universities in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems & Technology, Mathematics, Human Resources, Agriculture with minimum 60% marks where percentage system applies and minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0 CGPA where GPA system applies. Foreign degree holders are required to submit Equivalence Certificate duly issued by HEC at the time of interview to validate that they possess 16 years of education, failing to do so shall make the applicant ineligible against the said position. Candidates awaiting final results as of last date of submission of applications are not eligible to apply.
1. Maximum 26 years as of last date of submission of applications to SBP BSC.
2. Age limit will be relaxed by 03 years for candidates from FATA/Gilgit Baltistan, Balochistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
3. Age limit will be relaxed by 05 years for existing employees of SBP or any of its subsidiaries subject to meeting other eligibility criteria.
Compensation and Benefits:
During Residential Theoretical Training at NIBAF:
Stipend of Rs. 41,000/- per month
Free Boarding and Lodging
Medical Facility for self
After Appointment as OG-2:
Monthly monetized salary of Rs. 82,000/-
Medical Facility for self and eligible dependents, as per Bank’s rules
In-House Free OPD
In-House Free Pharmacy
OPD/Emergency Treatment at Partner Hospitals/Clinics
Group Term Assurance
Loan Facilities including Personal Loan, Computer Loan, Car Loan and House Building Advance
SBP BSC offers a comprehensive terminal benefits plan for officers selected under YPIP. Upon separation from SBP BSC, a lump sum (including New Contributory Provident Fund and New Gratuity Fund) will become payable to the departing officer based on eligibility, as per Bank’s rules.
Candidates are required to appear in a written test, which is conducted by an independent testing agency i.e. M/s. National Testing Service (NTS) on pan-Pakistan Basis.
YPIP Interviews & Evaluation Criteria:
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of written test and meeting other eligibility criteria are invited for interviews before Bank’s Selection Panel mainly at three major centers i.e. Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. During Interviews, candidates are assessed on following competencies:
– Strategic Perspective – Technical Expertise – Results Orientation
– Integrity and Ethics – Problem Analysis – Teamwork
– Listening and Communication – Innovation – Negotiation
In order to get familiar with Bank’s functions, candidates are advised to visit our website http://www.sbp.org.pk.
Successful candidates are selected in order of merit subject to observance of provincial/regional and other quota provisions as prescribed by Government of Pakistan.
Medical & Psychological Examination
Selected candidates are required to undergo a comprehensive medical fitness and psychological examination.
Residential Theoretical Training
Selected candidates are required to undergo 12-weeks “Theoretical Training” (residential) at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad.
Appointment as Officer Grade-2 at SBP BSC
The trainees who successfully complete and qualify the theoretical training are offered appointment as Officer Grade-2 (OG-2) at SBP BSC.
Place of Posting
The selected officers are required to work in any department/division at Head Office of SBP BSC at Karachi or at any of its 16 Field Offices across the country.
The selected officers are placed on probation normally for a period of one year from the date of active service, which may extend to a maximum of two years at the discretion of the Bank.
Confirmation in the Bank’s Service
On satisfactory completion of probationary period the selected officers are confirmed in the service of the Bank with effect from the date of completion of probation period subject to verification of documents/certificates (from the concerned issuing authorities) furnished by them at the time of appointment.
Upon verification by the Bank, if any statement/information furnished by an officer at any stage is found false or inadequate/incorrect in material respect, or he/she conceals any material information, his/her appointment is terminated immediately without any compensation.
How to apply for 8th Batch of Young Professionals Induction Program (OG-2):
All the vacancies at SBP BSC including YPIP are advertised in national/regional newspapers as well as updated on the careers page of SBP BSC.
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Induction Program and,
You have all the information on hand including key dates, Educational Certificates/Transcripts, recently taken professional photographs and a reliable internet connection.
This checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
1. Use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser.
2. You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address. Ensure it is spelled correctly and will be working for the next year or so, since this will be our main channel of communication with you.
3. You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required information and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk—*—are required).
Provide the most current contact information, including your complete phone/mobile number. The information should be valid for one year. If your contact information changes during the selection process, (including personal address), it is your responsibility to intimate us the updated information through email/surface mail.
Application Procedure Young Professionals Induction Program (OG-2) 8th Batch:
1. Register yourself at the testing agency’s website i.e. www.nts.org.pk.
2. Take print out of duly filled in “Online Application Form” along with fee deposit slip.
3. Deposit test fee of Rs. 300/- through printed deposit slip at any designated branch of ABL/HBL/MCB/MBL against the testing services to be provided by NTS.
Note: As per agreed terms, NTS charges Rs. 599/- per applicant for providing testing services. However, in order to encourage young talent from the market and share their financial burden SBP BSC bears 50% of the fee i.e. Rs. 299/-.
4. Send Application Form along with original NTS copy of deposit slip to Senior Joint Director, Talent Resourcing Division, Human Resource Management Department, SBP Banking Services Corporation, State Bank of Pakistan, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi within 15 days of publication of advertisement in press i.e., April 15, 2019. Mark the envelope with the position applied for.
5. SBP BSC/NTS is NOT responsible for late receipt of applications through post. Applications submitted in person or sent through email are NOT entertained.
6. Eligible candidates are sent admit cards by NTS at their postal addresses to appear in the written test to be held at designated test centers.
7. SBP BSC/NTS uploads the test results at its respective website.
8. Only eligible applicants are informed of their status as the process moves along.
9. We are equal opportunity employer.
10. Incomplete/delayed applications sent through email are NOT entertained.
11. Misinformation or any attempt to influence the selection process is considered a definite disqualification at any stage of the process for current as well as for all future recruitment in the Bank, even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.
SBP Banking Services Corporation (SBP BSC)
(Excellent Career Opportunities under 8th Batch of Young Professionals Induction Program (OG-2))