Ummah Welfare Trust Job 10 March 2019, Operations Manager
Post: Operations Manager
Status: Full-Time (based at the UWT Head office in Bolton)
Responsible to: Trustees
Salary: Negotiable(depending on experience)
Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT) is one of the largest Muslim charities in the UK. UWT operates in 20 countries around the world, attempting to bring relief to those in poverty and distress. To continue fulfilling this commitment, UWT requires an Operations Manager who will drive the day to day activities and also promote the charity aims and supplement its future growth.
You will play an integral role in shaping the overall operations of the organization and driving forward new initiatives to manage/improve the day to day operations and ensure long term sustainability and stability of the charity.
•Managing the day to day operations of the charity
•Regularly report to the trustees.
•Play an integral role in defining the future direction and strategy for the charity.
•Manage a team of specialists.
•Identify and develop new fund-raising opportunities.
•Develop and drive forward new business functions.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1)Manage and coordinate day to day activities of all the departments.
2) Support and Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the senior management team.
3) Develop, Agree and execute the annual operational plan.
4) Ensure timely delivery of all departmental and MIS reports and KPI measures to Trustees.
5) Facilitate coordination and communication between key business functions.
6) Responsible for the continuous refinement and improvement of all business processes.
7) Manage resources, prepare and agree work packages and manage delivery.
8) Responsible for one-to-ones, quarter, Performance Management, Mentoring, Developing, Coaching and Training of staff.
9) Implement and ensure adherence to all operational policies, departmental objectives, and procedures.
10) Recruiting staff -developing job descriptions and specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short-listing, interviewing and selecting successful candidates.
11) Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion, benefits and salary reviews.
12) Manage and coordinate the day to day issues related to all premises where the charity operates from.
13) Contribute to annual returns to regulators and the audit of annual financial accounts.
14) Keep abreast of employment law and advising the line manager accordingly.
15) Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary policies and procedures.
16) Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers and delivering relevant training as required.
EXPERIENCE KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
•Over three year experience in management for a similar environment essential and an MBA desirable.
•Outstanding organizational, planning and coordination skills.
•Ability to plan and balance competing priorities.
•Excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills.
•Outstanding People/Project management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
•Ability to motivate and enthuse staff, colleagues, volunteers and external supporters.
•Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
•Hold an MBA qualification.
•Experience of working in the charity sector.
•Hold an Islamic studies qualification.
•Have a working-understanding of the legal requirements affecting UK charities
To apply for this role, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email for further information.
The closing date for applications is 28thFebruary 2019, although the position may close sooner if the right candidate is found.