The University of Karachi is a premier institution of higher education and research with its 57 teaching departments and 17 research centers/ institutes of the University caters to the needs of more than 41,000 students. Applications are invited from candidates interested in pursuing post-graduate degree programs at the University of Karachi.
FACULTY OF ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCES:
Arabic, Criminology, Economics, English Literature, English Language Teaching (ELT) & Applied Linguistics, History, International Relations, Islamic History, Library & Information Science, Mass Communication, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sindhi, Social Work, Sociology, Urdu. FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
Agriculture & Agribusiness Management, Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology, Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Food Science & Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Health, Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology, Statistics, Zoology.
Degree holders of HEC-recognized Pakistani private/foreign institutions other then the University of Karachi must submit an equivalence certificate of the degree obtained from the Office of Deputy Registrar (Academics) of the University of Karachi before the provisional admission.
I. The following steps should be observed to apply for Postgraduate admissions – 2019:
• The Admission Prospectus 2019, Entrance Test Form (ETF) and Fee Voucher can be downloaded from the Karachi University Website (www.uok.edu.pk) from June 10, to June 18, 2019.
• Candidates are required to read the Prospectus carefully, fill Entrance Test Form and Fee Voucher. Pay processing fee of Rs.4500/-(non-refundable) in the banks (situated in the University of Karachi) through Fee Voucher.
• Candidates are required to submit Entrance Test Form (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher in the respective departments latest by June 18, 2019.
• Candidates for Ph.D. (Law) are required to submit Entrance Test Form (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher of processing fee of Rs.10,000/- (non-refundable) in the School of Law, University of Karachi, latest by June 18, 2019.
• Candidates for MS/MD are required to submit Entrance Test Form (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher of processing fee of Rs.10,000/- (non-refundable) in the Advanced Studies & Research Board (ASRB), University of Karachi, latest by June 18, 2019.
II. The Karachi University Entrance Test 2019 is mandatory for all the candidates. List of eligible candidates for appearing in Karachi University Entrance Test will be displayed on website on July 02, 2019.
III. Candidates eligible for Karachi University Entrance Test will be required to collect Admit Cards from July 03 to July 12, 2019 from the respective Departments/Centers/Institutes.
IV. The Karachi University Entrance Test will be held on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Candidates are required to report at 9:30 a.m. at the respective Departments/Centres/Institutes with Admit Card and Original CNIC. For further information/details, visit KU website (www.uok.edu.pk)
V. List of successful candidates will be announced on the University of Karachi website on July 31, 2019.
Prof. Dr. Saleem Shahzad