Municipal Services Delivery Program (MSDP)
Job Title Procurement Specialist
Department / Division Procurement
Location PMU, Head Office, Karachi
Reporting to Program Director
Reporting Positions Assistant Director Procurement
Terms of Service Contract
1.0. Statement of Position
The Procurement Specialist will directly report to Program Director in developing and maintaining effective Procurement Management Systems of Sindh MSDP and responsible for planning, directing and controlling financial resources. Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of procurement and related works involved in Procurement Management as per Sindh PPRA rules and services to getting the best price and quality of purchased. Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are run efficiently and cost-effectively
2.0. Duties and Responsibilities
2.1. Program Implementation and Infrastructure
• Participate in the provision of effective strategic, procurement management planning and information to the Project Director.
• Design, establish and supervise the procurement management system.
• Ensure implementation of objectives and tactics for the procurement in line with the overall plan.
• Implement fair purchasing practices and ensure continuous monitoring of purchasing mechanism.
• Prepare or review contracts, specifications, and solicitation documents as per the requirements raised.
• Provide additional technical assistance to districts as necessary to maintain high standard of compliance.
• Develop a reporting mechanism from the PMU to the donor in consultation and under the supervision of the Program Director.
• To ensure that all procurement matters must follow the MSDP/GoS/ USAID criteria and provide assistance/guidance.
• Prepare tender documents and administer contracts
• Ensure compliance with program’s procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
2.2. Coordination and Relations
• Coordinate with relevant Government, local administration, Non-Governmental and civil society Organizations for their input as and when required.
• Develop a good understanding of the working of the GoS, USAID, P&DD, Urban development sector and the MSDP.
• Develop effective coordination and team work oriented mechanism.
• Effectively communicate with suppliers, contractors and stakeholders.
2.3. Administration and Financial Management
• Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure procurement with financial SPPRA rules and regulations.
• Achieve procurement goals as set and prioritized by Program Director.
• Evaluate the performance of, and recommended training and development opportunities for Procurement staff
• Provide advice and planning of procurement management issues to Program Director.
• Ensure procurement records and files are maintained.
• Efficiently and effectively utilize budget and other resources.
• To design schedule of department and contractors to ensure safe and competent delivery of services or goods.
3.0. Additional Job Functions
The Procurement Specialist shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him, from time to time, by Program Director, and shall be responsible for prompt and proper implementation of his instructions.
4.0. Preferred Qualification and Experience
• MBA Finance/ Accounting, ACCA, ACMA or CA Intermediate with al least 4 years article-ship with a reputed Chartered Accountant Firm.
• Minimum 7 years of Finance, Procurement and material Management experience with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
• Relevant experience in USAID/ donor funded programs will be given preference.
• Knowledge of Sindh PPRA rules and regulations will be preferred. 5.0. Knowledge and Skills
• Working together – Proactively enables and encourages team work in others
• Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Striving for excellence – Leads initiatives to improve accounting & finance, compliance and procurement as a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
• Thinking strategically – Leads strategic projects, coaching others to consider goals and long-term impact, and to consult within and beyond program.
• Communicating & influencing – Builds mutually beneficial alliances and networks at all levels within and outside the program or a well thought team member and coach.
• Reporting – excellent report writing skills; oral and written English fluency in English essential.
• Delivering results – Effectively leads large teams or complex issues and have knowledge of international accounting and finance legislation.
• Computer skills – Possesses good command of MS Office, email, statistical, accounting and finance base software.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities of employees to this job.